A Confidential Disclosure Agreement or CDA (also known as a Non-Disclosure Agreement or NDA) is a legal contract which protects the confidential information generated at UM and/or that of our outside collaborators. This includes information which is confidential in nature (i.e. patentable ideas) given at internal or external seminars, in discussions with visitors to the University, and in conversations with colleagues during professional meetings.
One of the most important reasons for a Confidential Disclosure Agreement is relevance for patent protection. Disclosure of a patentable idea without proper confidentiality agreements can negate patent filing rights.
The University of Mississippi Office of Sponsored Research Administration (ORSP-SPA) manages CDAs/NDAs
Please see the following link to complete your request:
Instructions for requesting NDAs and MTAs in the SPAN form.
Under the following fields please select:
- Sponsored Programs Action Type
- Select: Other Sponsored Program Action
- Is this a grant, contract, or other agreement?
- Select: Contract or Other Agreement
- Type of Contract or Other Agreement
- Select: Nondisclosure Agreement or
- Select: Material Transfer Agreement or
- Select: Material Transfer Research Agreement
- File Upload
- If you have been sent a draft agreement, please submit the document here
- Sponsored Research Administrator
- Select: Norman Morris